Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Haaaaalloowwwweeennnn!!!

So this isn't going to be long because I am not in a writing mood. But, I'm still writing!!

So halloween is this week and it's weird because everyone thinks I'm old because I was on my mission LAST Halloween. So I am old (according to mission life), but that's alright! I'm fine with it! Sister Woodbury and I are "dressing" up as Fairy Princess Sister Missionaries for the ward party on Halloween night, so we're pretty much just adding crowns and wings to our normal outfits. It's gonna be so cute! I'll send a pic next week. 

Our main fun story of the week was that we raked leaves for a less active, Deb, and her non-member fiance mostly in the dark because it's the wintertime now...joy. After we finished for the night, she was driving us home when all of a sudden this car FLEW by us going 90 or something (speed limit is 40), bounced off the curb, went airborne, through someone's fence and into a person's HOUSE! It was so crazy!! We pulled over and went to go talk to the driver, and he stumbled out, definitely on something and not okay, when he just booked it as fast as he could. So when the police and everyone got there, we got to make statements and give the police a description of the driver and a whole bunch of stuff! It was so adventurous for us! And awkward because we were in our jeans. haha when they asked Sister Woodbury for her name, she was like: "Sister Woodbury". The officer asked again, and she replied, "Sister Woodbury. As missionaries, we don't go by our first names." "Ma'am, I'm going to need your legal name." She then sighed and told him. Haha it was funny. One of the perks of being a missionary. Haha. It was quite funny. Gotta love it!

We went on exchanges with 6th ward sisters this week and I got to go with Sister Curley in their area, and it was SO fun! She is just so cute. :) We were able to teach 4 lessons in a DAY and I felt so successful and awesome!! Sister Woodbury and I made it a goal to get our area to that point. So we're going to WORK HARD!!! 

This week, we are going to Rapid City for a Quad-Zone conferences. 4 zones will be coming together in Rapid City and have a Zone Conference by Elder Nash of the 70!! We are PUMPED! Its a 4 hour drive, which will be fun. Sister Woodbury and I are driving by ourselves as elders and sisters can't drive together and the other 2 sets of sisters are driving together. So today, Sister Woodbury and I bought dessert skittles (didn't know they had such a thing) and gardettos and popcorn. We are SET! It's going to be awesome! So we'll be driving up Wednesday around 2 and getting back Thursday around 10:30/11pm-ish. So it'll be a short, fun trip! So that's super exciting. :) 

So I know that picture with the dead deer is DISGUSTING, but I'm in Wyoming, so what else could I have done?? Haha This is the member that 6th ward sisters live with (so Sister Jensen lived with them when she was in the Casper 6th ward prior to coming to Minot with me!) So enjoy it. And don't gag, because you didn't have to smell it. 

This week was a bit rough again, a lot of emotional ups and downs, but Sister Woodbury is AWESOME and she helped me through it!! And I think I helped her a little, too. So we are continuing to do better and we are loving being companions! So practically I love her a lot and am so glad to have her!! Also, the Atonement is real! I kept feeling really stressed and all I wanted was a break, but I realized that no, I don't need a break. I just need a renewal through the Atonement to be strengthened to be able to do what is necessary. So I am a happy camper. 

I love you all!! Have a great Halloween! Eat, drink, and be scary!! 
 
sister leslie.

Me, S. Woodbury, S. Bentley and S Curley at Coldstone...yummers!

...and Sister Woodbury and I in a pile of leaves we raked up...why not?

Me with Sister Curley on our exchange!

Me with a dead antelope....only got the picture because I am
in Wyoming and that's what people here do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment