Thursday, November 6, 2014

Uplifted By The Spirit

Well, howdy hey there!!

This week was pretty good and I'm pretty excited to tell you about it! Probably the best thing that happened this week was our Quad Zone Conference. We drove up on Rapid on Wednesday and got there around 7, then got back to Casper at about midnight on Thursday. SO it was a quick trip, but so worth it!! Elder Nash of the 70 came, and he is BOSS! He actually spoke in General Conference in the October 2012 session (go look it up, it's great!!), and he had some great insights for us missionaries! Before the conference started, we all got to meet Elder and Sister Nash (turns out they live in Centerville. Go figure!), and it was awesome because When I got my 30 seconds with Elder Nash, he looked me straight in the face and said, "You have a good spirit about you." And that made a big impact on me. I needed to hear that, and that made me happy. The things that were taught in the conference were SOLID! There was a big focus on having integrity, on finding, having the Spirit to be with you, and how to combat anti-Mormon material. It was awesome! Sister Woodbury and I thought that he was speaking directly to us and our area, so we got TONS of good ideas of how to help the people we are working with and also how to build our teaching pool. SO it was a HUGE blessing and buoyed us both up a lot! Sister Woodbury sang at this conference (I'll send a recording today as well) and it sounded great! It wasn't us singing, you could tell! SO it was a really powerful, spiritual experience. Elder nash and President Anderson couldn't stop complimenting us on it. Haha President was like, "I wish you parents could have heard that!! It was beautiful!" And then in our heads we were like, "Yeah, about that.....they'll get to hear it!" Haha so that was fun. I wish the conference would have been longer! But, it wasn't. Driving home was a bit rough because my brain is now trained to turn off at 10 and we were only halfway home by that point. So that was a bit rough. but we blasted music and made it okay. :) SO now in my studies I'm focusing a lot on Integrity and how to build the attributes we discussed at Zone Conference. So I am excited to learn more about how to find people, integrity and how to recognize the promptings of the Spirit in my life. It's going to make a big impact on me, I think. I invite you to study these topics as well! They apply to you and I the same! :)

The Winterton's came to church this week!!! it was a different experience for sure, because Sister Woodbury and I sat with them and helped entertain the boys ( I forgot how busy a 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old are at the same time!) It was a an awesome testimony meeting though! Brother Winterton even bore his testimony, which was powerful. :) Our ward is really starting to unify together. The Winterton boys LOVED Primary (except Gerald went with his dad to Priesthood instead), which was great! Logan was singing all the songs we taught him and we got to help in Young Women to talk about conversion, so it was a solid meeting! We also got hit on at church by a 55 year old man. But that's a story for another time. Haha

We're going over this week t help a less active stop smoking, so that will be a really powerful experience. So that will be awesome! We're excited for it. And we're going to start serving at the Salvation Army tomorrow to help get Christmas stuff all ready and good to go!

We had a real lesson with Gregg yesterday, and he's being pretty stubborn. We brought the Klers with us (it was even their anniversary and they came with us!! SOLID!) and it was a pretty good lesson. Not our best by any means, but okay. Now it's up to Gregg to accept the Book of Mormon or not. It's in his court. So, we'll check back in a couple weeks or so. 

Halloween wasn't too exciting. We went to the ward halloween party, and it was very short so we had to get creative. We went to a member's home for the last hour and a half of the night and passed out Mormon.org cards with the candy (he,he,he), but they only got 6 trick or treaters in that time, so it wasn't super effective. :( But the members LOVED our Halloween costumes! Haha they couldn't get over it. Just goes to show how simplicity is always better! 

We attended the baptism of  Dylan Deru, an 8 year old, this past Saturday and it was POWERFUL! His family is returning to activity and his dad was able to baptism him! The confirmation was probably the most powerful one I have ever heard, which was cool.  It just goes to show that these younger generations are powerful spirits meant to come to earth at this time to accomplish great things. 

Also, Daylight Savings Time was BEAUTIFUL!! I got a whole extra hour of sleep and it was glorious. And we get to watch Meet the Mormons this week!! President and Sister Anderson and the Assistants to the President will be coming to Casper the end of this week to show it to us. I am PUMPED! I'll be glad to know what everyone is talking about! For once, I'll be in the know on something!!!!!!! Haha I don't miss being in the know, though. Not really at all. 

I think that's a wrap! Have a great week everyone and I'll talk to ya later! 
sister leslie.

 
Driving to Rapid!!

At Quad Zone, some missionaries I came out with! Back L to R: E. Johnson, E. Dibble, E. Bench, E. Mobley, E. Deihl and E. Cloward. Middle L to R: E. Eastin, E. Beazer, E. Rohwer, E. Child, E. Anderson. Then that's me and Sister Alleman! Fun!

 S. Woodbury, Me, Elder Nash (of the 70), President Anderson, S. Edwards, S. Stebbing (my "Sister"), S. Kitchen and S. Mansell (I think that's her name). :) 

S. Woodbury and I at Quad Zone. :)

Fairy Princess Sister Missionaries!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment